Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

We celebrated 11 years this weekend!  Happy Anniversary to all of you as well.  I know your dates are right around ours.  We wanted to go out to dinner on Saturday, but our sitter was not able to look after the girls.  So, we opted for a nice drive around the country.  We went to a small state lake just to the north of us.  At a low water crossing, we stopped and let the girls out to play in the water.  We had a good evening.

I did not do a darn thing this weekend.  Saturday we went to town to get minerals for the cows.  We stopped by this little place that sells closeout specials on furniture and house "fixings".  I have talked Joe into replacing the carpet in the living room with a hardwood floor.  It did not take lots of convencing.  :o)  So, we picked out some nice laminate.  We hope one of his friends can come up to visit and install it for us.  He's had lots of experience with this type of thing.  I guess that we are going to wait a couple of years on the new house.  I'm not in a hurry.  We've just decided that we will get some more things paid off, and another kid out of daycare!  So, I'll settle with a new floor in the living room.

I've lost 9 pounds this week on my diet.  I'm hoping to continue the success.  I'm fairly optimistic.  I've just been praying for will power.  Hopefully God will give me the strength to continue to loose weight and the strength to keep it off.  None the less----I'm just happy that I've lost nine pounds already.  It gives me incentive to continue.

My spelling is terrible today.  I think my brain has officially checked out for the summer.   We are up in arms around here today at work.  many of us have "mini" refrigerators in our rooms.  They are not going to let us have them next year.  They supposedly cost the district too much money in electric bills.  They won't even consider letting us keep them even if we pay a fee.  it's not like we get any other perks with this job.  i think it's a crappy thing to do!  oh well.

well, more later.

Cassie

No comments: