Wednesday, April 14, 2010

White Cheese Dip????!

Help!  Have you ever made white cheese dip.....the kind that you get in a Mexican restaurant?  I tried it last night and it flopped!  I've looked online for recipes.  Lots of them say to use Assada cheese.   I can't find that in the grocery store anywhere! 

I used a "mexican" blend that included Cheddar, Assada, and Monterey Jack.  I found some mexican cheese---and i don't even know the name of it----- it was white----so i used it------and some Pepper Jack, and some White American, which I could only find in wrapped singles.  I also used half and half, cilantro, and cumin.  It did not melt well.  I think it was largely due to the Mexican cheese taht I used.  It was kind of crumbly.  The consistency of the dip was lumpy and a little like gravey.  I even added more half and half to it to thin it out.  Next time I'm not using the mexican cheese.

Do you have a recipe for white cheese dip?

Natalie's family is coming up in a week or so.  We are going to have "Mexican"  I was hoping to make the dip then.  Her family in not big on Rotell dip and neither is mine. I like it, but Joe and the girls are not very fond of it.  Me....on the other hand....i'll eat about anything-----except for that stuff I made last night.  It was gross!  I just tossed it out!

The girls at work told me about some kind of dip that they can get in the deli section at Wal-mart.  I looked there, but I'll have to look harder I guess. 

I've got to take Madison after work today to get her kindergarten physical.  It's hard to belive that she's going to start school this coming year.  Abby is growing so much too.  She is talking a lot. She and Madison play pretty well toghther.  She thinks that she has to do everything that big sis does and keeps right up with her.

Wish me luck on the dip!  Help me out if you can!

Cassie

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Good luck girl! I like the stuff at wal-mart too. It may be with the sour cream/ cream cheese section. Ours has a little ethnic cheese section and the dip is there. You can just microwave the container and voila restaurant white queso! :-)

Stephanie Kay said...

I have no tips for you. Living in New England these people don't even know what Rotel is!