Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy Weekend.....will it ever end?

Hello!

I don't know if I've been coming or going for the past two weeks!  I was out sick for two days last week, Monday and Tuesday.  Going back to work took some doing....I just was not into it! I was not feeling well, but I managed to get my laundry room in some sort of order while I was home.

This weekend we went to KC to do a little christmas shopping.  We had a nice day.  Joe got me a laptop for Christmas at Nebraska Furniture Mart.  They were having a big sale.  I'm excited to get to use it.  I've got to get set up with an internet service.  The girls are excited to get to use it too.

Sunday we went to church.  Our pastor resigned about a week and 1/2 ago.  It's created quite a stir.  He felt, believed, that God was telling him that our church should join with the other Baptist church in town.  Apparently the other church was without a pastor as well.  So, he felt that he should step down and try to encourage the people of both churches to unite.  Last night we had a meeting to "check the temperature" of our church members and see if they wanted to unite.  Apparently---unbeknownst to us---some time ago there had been a terrible upset in the other church and some of their member left and joined our church.  So, our members were not very receptive to the idea and it was voted not to persue the idea of combining churches. And now we are left without a pastor.  I don't know what God's plan is, but I sure hope he works it out soon!

This is going to be a busy week too.  I'm just ready for Thanksgiving break.  However----that week is going to be just as busy!  We are going to go to one of Joe's anunt's---which one --I don't know yet, for dinner.  We have not see his family in a couple of years.  We are going to leave the girls in AR with grandmas and aunt Natalie for the rest of the weekend.  Joe and I are going to come back home on Thursday night and go to KC on Friday.  We are planning to spend Friday and Saturday night in KC.  We are hoping to get the rest of our Christmas shopping done and have a little "alone time".  I'm looking forward to it, and I think that he is too.

The girls' birthdays are both in December.  This adds to the stress of everything.  I think that we just might celebrate them at the same time.  Nothing planned this year.  We might just take them to a movie or something. Gotta get the rest of the birthday shopping done too.  At this point----I'm thinking that we may as well just send everybody some of our bills for Christmas--with the option to pay one of them as a present to us!  :o)  Good idea---no?

Oh well---enough rambling!  Hope all is well with you!

Cassie

2 comments:

Linda @ Country Road Faith said...

Hi there,
I'm glad to be able to keep up with what's happenin' with you and yours.

We had a wonderful week in RI. The weather was cold and windy, but we managed to go to Concord, Mass., do shopping, go out to eat each day so there was no clean-up, and had fun doing the grandparents' thing.We spent hours in Toys-R-Us letting the kids pick out their Christmas gifts. Need I say we adults were tired afterwards?

Steph helped me with my fashioning and updating clothes. We have a book by a Christian author that helps with pointers. I got complements Sunday on my new outfit and the color of it.

We'll probably go to Roger's sister's for Thanksgiving. Most everyone comes. Some we haven't seen since June. If we're home, drop in for a few minutes.

Shop 'til you drop isn't all it's cut out to be :) Have fun in KC.

Love Ya,
Linda

Stephanie Kay said...

If there are 2 Baptist churches in a small Southern town, you can guarantee one split from the other at sometime. It's too bad the pastor resigned and nothing's going to come of it.